ETHNIC COMMUNITY SELF-HELP
The program provides Chaldean & Middle-Eastern Refugees with culturally and linguistically appropriate services to integrate them into the American Society. Services are: Acculturation and Assimilation, Translation/Interpretation, Citizenship/Naturalization Workshops, Employment Assistance, Job Training, Education/Career Planning, Safety Education, Youth Education, Financial Literacy Education and Business Development, and links to other resources.
All clients have access to assistance with applications, enrollment, interviews, and reporting for CalFresh (SNAP), CalWorks, Section-8 housing, IHSS, SSI, and additional benefits. Whether you have lived in El Cajon for five months or five years, CMSS is here to help you!
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AVAILABLE
- Weekly fresh food distributions
- Acculturation assistance for adults and children
- Citizenship application assistance
- Public safety resources & training
- Employment assistance
- College enrollment and financial aid application assistance
- Referrals to additional medical specialists and community resources
For more information please call 619-662-4100