I’m caring for someone with COVID-19 symptoms
What to do if you or your family need to quarantine at home
If you or someone in your household has symptoms or has been diagnosed with COVID-19, download San Ysidro Health’s home quarantine guide to learn what you can do to care for yourself and your household and stop the spread of the virus.
English: COVID-19 Home Quarantine Guidance* (Next Gen doc)
Here are some things you can do to protect yourself and your family and help keep your household safe:
- Stay home and isolate yourself in a separate room and bathroom, if possible.
- Wear a mask over your nose, mouth, and chin if you must be around other people.
- Wash your hands often — especially after touching items that others may touch. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve. Throw away tissues immediately and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces after using a shared room — including the door handle, light switch, toilet handle and seat, sink, and faucet handles.
- Don’t share personal items like cups, utensils, dishes, towels, or bedding. Wash these things thoroughly with soap and warm water after every use. Also avoid sharing phones and remote controls.
- Don’t provide direct care for others, if possible — especially anyone at high risk for COVID-19 complications. If you must care for others, always wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, and keep your distance as much as possible.