Friday, October 23, 2020
Dear San Ysidro Health Community,
We remain open to serve you. If you are concerned that you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are worried about the cold or flu or other health concerns, we are here for you.
San Ysidro Health is currently offering COVID-19 testing to individuals at one of our COVID-19 testing locations. For more information, please go to our COVID-19 Testing Information Page.
SYHEALTH COVID RESOURCE CENTERS
Our SYHEALTH COVID RESOURCE CENTERS services are FREE and open to SYHealth patients and community members.
Call (619) 662-4100 extension 2678
Tue and Fri 8:00AM-3:30PM; Thu 8:00AM-12:00PM
Call (619) 662-4100 extension 3979
We can help you with:
- Making sure you have a primary care doctor to get the right guidance in case you get sick
- COVID-19 testing information, including what to do if you have symptoms or had contact with someone with COVID-19
- Available financial assistance, housing, food, and other resources if you or a family member have COVID-19
- How to prevent COVID-19 spread in our community
- And more!
Our services are FREE and open to SYHealth patients and community members.
PREVENT COVID-19 BY:
Frequent hand and environmental hygiene
Universal Face Covers-everyone wearing their masks!
Six- foot distancing (or more)
Symptoms screening and staying home when ill
STAY CONNECTED & PHONE FIRST
Please call us at 619-662-4100 at our general line BEFORE coming to any of our clinics or urgent care without an appointment. We will advise you on the best way to receive the care you need without compromising your health, and the health of other patients and our staff. We encourage you to use our patient portal whenever possible to stay updated.
DENTAL DEPARTMENT IS NOW OPEN
San Ysidro Health is currently offering urgent and limited dental services. For in-person visits, we are taking extra precautions and following current guidelines provided by federal/state/local health officials.
In addition, SYHealth Dental is now offering Teledentistry Video Conferencing for patients with active infection and/or pain. Please call 619-434-3200 to speak with a Dental Provider. Hours: M-F – 8am to 12pm, 1pm to 5pm. Patients can call San Ysidro Health’s TeleDental Hotline, 619-662-4100, with any dental questions or concerns and to make an appointment for urgent and limited services.
Check out the video below to see what you can expect during your next visit at our sites for dental services. For in-person visits, all COVID-19 organizational protocols will be followed including: social distancing, temperature checks and wearing masks. Patients will be connected with a dental patient access representative through the organization’s TeleDental hotline to determine the best way to receive care.
DENTAL DEPARTMENT URGENT CARE
Our Dental Department Urgent Care is also open for patients with pain or infection. Please call 619-434-3200 to receive an appointment.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PHONE VISITS
Behavioral Health visits continue but instead of in-person visits, they are conducted over the phone. Please call 619-662-4100 for appointments.
WOMEN, INFANTS AND CHILDREN (WIC) SERVICES
To ensure the safety of our families served and staff during this time, WIC appointments will take place over the phone. Please call us at 1-888-942-7942 for any questions you may have.
HIV CARE, TREATMENT & PREVENTION PrEP, PrEP-AP SERVICES INCLUDING LGBTQ FOCUSED CARE
To speak directly with your healthcare provider, please call your clinic home: SYHealth 619-205-6383, GeMS 619-941-2479 or KCHC 619-662-4127. Our Coordinated Services are available by phone at 619-662-4161, or at Our Place at 619-527-7390, Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
SAN YSIDRO HEALTH ENCOURAGES YOU TO VOTE EARLY & SAFELY BY MAIL (make sure to SIGN & DATE your envelope) Track your ballot at: www.sos.ca.gov/elections
REMEMBER TO VOTE BY NOVEMBER 3
- NOVEMBER 3 – Last Day to Submit Your Ballot In-Person or Postmarked by Mail. No postage necessary (make sure to SIGN & Date your envelope). Track your ballot at www.sos.ca.gov/elections
HEALTH EDUCATION AND PROMOTION
Please visit the online Health Education Wellness Program for complete details on virtual health education sessions or contact the Health Education line at 619-662-4100, ext. 2935.
DONATE TO PROTECT OUR HEALTHCARE HEROES AND PROVIDE ESSENTIAL SERVICES TO OUR COMMUNITY
We are all in this together and we are committed to taking every step possible to minimize the spread of COVID-19. We are honored to have a dedicated team of healthcare experts fighting to flatten the curve on this pandemic for the good of all San Diegans. We can’t do it alone, and we can’t do it without your help. DONATE TODAY and help us purchase much needed PPE, provide essential health services and fund fresh food distribution programs.
IN PERSON APPOINTMENTS
If you must come in for an appointment, please do not bring other guests unless you need their assistance for your visit. Please note that only guests 18 and older may accompany you. We realize this may be inconvenient for parents; however, it is vital to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus. This will protect you, your children, other patients, and our doctors and staff. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
All patients and visitors will be evaluated prior to entry at any of our San Ysidro Health clinics. If you show symptoms, you will be provided with a mask and may be asked to remain outside of the facility or be isolated from other patients in order to minimize contact.
Our organization is closely monitoring this situation and making adjustments as needed. We are also following protocols and recommendations provided by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency and state/local health officials.
SPEAK DIRECTLY WITH A HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
Call our San Ysidro Health Line (SYHealthLine) at 619-205-6792 and speak directly with a health care provider Monday thru Friday between 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturdays, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. These Telehealth visits are both convenient and safe for all.
HELP US STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
It’s important we all follow recommendations to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect our families and community:
- Use a face mask when outside the house and make sure it covers your nose and mouth completely
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others and stay home as much as possible
Avoid group gatherings or parties. This includes gatherings with family members or friends who do not live in your home!
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth with a tissue then throw it away and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched household surfaces often.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or if you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, stay home and stay isolated from others. DO NOT go to work and call your doctor for next steps!
- As a last resort, if you feel sick or have been exposed and want a test with a telehealth visit, call SYHealthLine 619-205-6792.
- To learn about the county’s information about contact tracing, if you feel like you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please watch this video.
Food Distribution Sites in San Diego County