We love our seniors!
Please click to view our video tribute entitled, “Caring for Our Greatest Generations”:
At San Ysidro Health Center, the health and well-being of our seniors is a high priority. At any of our clinics, seniors will receive high-quality, compassionate care. We also offer the following special programs;
San Diego PACE
Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly
San Diego PACE is committed to providing quality, compassionate health care services. Our professional staff is bilingual and experienced in senior care.
Senior Health Center
The Senior Health Center is a special clinic designed to serve patients 55 years of age and older. Health services will be provided in a warm and welcoming setting by compassionate doctors and staff who are experts in senior care. For more information please see Senior Health Center Flyer.
- Visit our new Senior Health Center at 3364 Beyer Blvd., Suite 103, San Ysidro CA 92173. Monday – Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM
- Call (619) 662-4100 to make an appointment at the new clinic or to obtain more information.
- Free transportation available.
Adult Day Health Center
The SYHC Adult Day Health Center (ADHC) is a 20,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility which is licensed by the State of California’s Department of Health Care Services and certified by the California Department of Aging. This unique facility is a caring and comfortable place which serves the needs of, both, senior citizens and younger adults who struggle with Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Diabetes, and other physical or cognitive disabilities. SYHC ADHC facilitates social interaction, development of new friendships, client advocacy, and support networks by creating opportunities to participate in group activities, as well as providing access to educational and recreational activities.
The goals of SYHC’s Adult Day Health Center include:
- Helping individuals to stay in their homes by delaying or, ideally, totally avoiding placement into a 24-hour nursing facility
- Providing family caregivers with respite, education and support
- Increasing community awareness regarding issues of aging and creating connections to available resources
Key services for participants include:
- No cost transportation to and from the center
- 4 hours of supervised care in a safe environment
- Nutritious meals
- Health monitoring and care
- Health and nutrition education
- Rehabilitative therapy ( physical, occupational and speech )
- Personal assistance with eating, medication, etc.
- Social services / counseling
- Community outings ( i.e., park, community events, senior centers )
- Variety of physical, recreational and educational activities ( art and music groups, Zumba, cognitive exercises, entertainment, holiday and birthday celebrations, etc.)
Key services for caregivers and families include:
- Information and community resource referrals
- Assistance with Medi-Cal and Managed Care Health Plans
- Stress management classes
- Monthly educational series ( various aging, caregiving and resource topics )
- Support groups
- Social activities
SYHC ADHC is staffed by over 30 culturally and linguistically competent individuals that work to ensure our participants receive the highest quality of care. Our highly-trained and skilled team consists of the following positions:
- ADHC Program Director
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Rehabilitative Therapy Staff ( Physical, Occupational and Speech )
- Licensed Certified Social Worker
- Social Workers
- Activity Coordinator
- Patient Access & Reception Support Staff
Eligibility / Payment
Information, community referrals and most educational events are free and open to the public. Eligibility for the ADHC program, however, is determined after a comprehensive individual assessment. The basic criteria for beginning the eligibility process include:
- Applicant is 18 years old, or above
- Applicant has a medical condition that requires treatment and / or a physical or mental impairment which requires assistance
- Applicant has difficulty meeting their daily living needs ( i.e., eating, bathing, etc.)
The program may be covered by some Medi-Cal Managed Care Plans for eligible individuals. Other payment options, however, are available and based on the applicant’s ability to pay.
Tours / Information
Staff members are available during all hours of operation to lead tours and to answer questions about eligibility, insurance coverage, and other payment options — including information about discounted fees.
For more information on The Adult Day Health center, please call 619.662.4100
3364 Beyer Blvd.