If you have been exposed, please take a COVID-19 test. People who are unvaccinated or not up-to-date with vaccinations must self-quarantine for a minimum of 5 days and continue to wear a mask around others for an additional 5 days
Please visit the San Diego County covid website for information on quarantines
POSITIVE COVID-19 DIAGNOSIS
If you have received a positive result from a COVID-19 test, please notify your healthcare provider immediately. Treatments are available for COVID-19 and work best if given early. Your healthcare provider can help you determine if you need treatment. (See Treatment below)
People who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate for 10 days. Isolation can end on day 5 or later IF symptoms are resolved and a covid test (antigen or PCR) is negative. A test is required to end isolation after day 5.
Please check with your school, employer and others on their requirements.
Parents: If your child has been exposed at school but does not have symptoms, please follow your child’s school guidelines regarding testing. In most cases you do not need to contact your child’s doctor for another test.
For information on isolation and home care for COVID-19,
If you have any of these symptoms, contact your healthcare provider, go to emergency or call 911:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
San Ysidro Health is offering the following treatments for non-hospitalized patients and community members:
- Providers can order for Paxlovid to be dispensed at our SYHealth pharmacy for treatment of COVID 19. Paxlovid is for patients age 12 and older who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are at risk of developing severe COVID-19. Pills are taken over several days and must be started within 5 days of when symptoms started. SYHealth Pharmacy has the abiliy to have the medication delivered to the patient’s home if unable to send someone to pick up the prescription.
- Monoclonal Antibody Treatment of Bebtelovimab IV for mild or moderate COVID-19, patients 12 years and older with mild-to-moderate COVID-19 AND who are at high risk for progression to severe disease, including hospitalization or death. Patients can call to make an appointment by calling 619-685-2500 #3. The MARC clinic is located at 333 H St Chula Vista 91910 open Wed-Sun 8am-7pm
The MARC clinic is also administering Evusheld long acting antibody combo therapy to individuals who are immunocompromised or who have a history of severe allergic reaction to a COVID-19 vaccine. Evusheld must be given BEFORE a person has been exposed or infected with COVID-19. The MARC clinic will inform pts of treatment options when calling. Please call 619-685-2500 #3 to make an appointment.
For additional COVID-19 vaccine options, please visit: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/vaccines.html